The Australian Association for Environmental Education has joined with seven peak professional education bodies to develop, A compelling message to Australia’s Educators [pdf].
This year, 2018 marks the 10-year anniversary of the Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians. Australian educators have been committed to:
- Goal 1: Australian schooling promotes equity and excellence
- Goal 2: All young Australians become - successful learners; confident and creative individuals; and active and informed citizens
The peak education bodies which are committed to refocusing on the Melbourne Declaration are:
- Australian Alliance of Associations in Education
- Australian College of Educators
- Australian Council of Education Leaders
- Australian Curriculum Studies Association
- Australian Education Union
- Early Childhood Australia
- Independent Education Union
The message linked above highlights the need for further work lead by the education profession to be carried out in the context of the current environment and the ten years that have passed since the release of the Melbourne Declaration.
The message has been sent to AESOC and the Ministerial Council.
AAEE National Executive