Education with links to the Sea
Join us for this exciting Learning Circle "Education with links to the Sea" with a strong focus on Ocean Literacy.
We have a wonderful panel of presenters, discussing a number of topics including:
- A short history of the development of Ocean Literacy in the USA.
- Ocean Literacy on the international scene.
- Why Ocean Literacy is important to Australian learners and links with Australian curriculum.
- Examples of Ocean Literacy in Australia.
- Links between Ocean Literacy and Seaweek (Seaweek 2018 = OL Principle 3).
- AUSMAP, the Australian microplastics assessment project.
- Experiencing Marine Sanctuaries and 360 VR immersive marine experiences.
- Where to next? How do we coordinate our efforts? What other resources do teachers want/need?
Tuesday 26 June, 4-5.30pm AEST
- Craig Strang (Associate Director, Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California Berkeley, USA)
- Dr Géraldine Fauville (University of Gothenburg, Sweden and chair of NMEA international committee)
- Andrew Walsh (Primary Coordinator, Woodbridge School Marine Discovery Centre, Jetty Rd Woodbridge)
- Harry Breidahl (Nautilus Educational)
- Janine Baker (Marine Ecologist, Marine Educator)
- Kate Keary (Teacher, Brewongle Environmental Education Centre)
- Carl Charter (EMS - Experiencing Marine Sanctuaries Inc.)
How to Join the Learning Circle
The Learning Circle is open to anyone to join. The presentation slides and video recording are uploaded to the Members Area for AAEE Members to access.
You can join Zoom video conferencing from your desktop, laptop or mobile device.
Required: Speakers, microphone (or headset) and camera
Continue the conversation
Login to the Members Area to view the recording after the event and join the online discussion.