Education for Sustainability in Early Years: Stepping up to the challenge
Years of lobbying by AAEE early years members ensured that EfS was included in the National Quality Framework. However there is ongoing debate about if sustainability should continue to be an outcome to achieve national recognition for early years centres. Much has been gained over the last 15 years in the early years sector, so what are the issues emerging that need careful consideration.
This webinar will look at the following ideas and gather information for the Australian alliance for early childhood education for sustainability.
- Inclusion of National Quality Framework for early years, what has it meant for EfS
- What early years programs are available from state, federal level
- EfS Knowledge of early years educators
- What barriers are there to support early years sector in your area of work
- Is there a need for a national coordinated program such as the AuSSI model but not overseen by Federal Government
- Leveraging existing networks to raise the profile of EfS in early years sector
- If you’re not in the early years sector what can you do with existing programs, what strategies have worked to effect change
Tuesday 20 March, 4-5.30pm AEDT
Dr Jennifer Pearson (WA Chapter President)
How to Join
Zoom video conferencing from your desktop, laptop or mobile device.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android - Join meeting via Zoom here
Required: Speakers, microphone (or headset) and camera
Mark your diary: Join the Facebook event
Continue the conversation
Login to the Members Area to view the recording after the event and join the online discussion.