Australian Capital Territory
The ACT Chapter AAEE works collaboratively with local EfS organisations on important environmental issues, through sharing expertise, exchanging information and providing professional development. The local organisations that the AAEE ACT works with are varied. These include the Conservation Council ACT Region, the ACT Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment, Actsmart Schools (formally Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative – ACT), the Australian National Botanic Gardens, Woodlands and Wetlands Trust, Murray Darling Basin Authority, ACT for Bees, ACT Council of Parents & Citizens Associations, SEE-Change’s Youth Parliament on Sustainability, Environmental Film Festival Australia and Kids Teaching Kids.
AAEE ACT is a dynamic and effective chapter comprising individuals from government (local and federal), schools (through Actsmart), academics, community groups, and individuals working together to support and promote environmental education for sustainability.
We do this by:
- Conducting our own events and activities to promote education for sustainability;
- Providing network opportunities locally for our members;
- Supporting and promoting the work of our members;
- Providing comments and expertise on important sustainability policies to government;
- Attending lobbying opportunities;
- Representing AAEE at local events.
Get in touch
If you live in the ACT or a surrounding region and would like to learn more about the AAEE ACT, please email email@example.com.