New South Wales
We believe sustainability education is vital
AAEE NSW is here to help NSW-based environmental educators from all sectors to get involved, connect with others, and grow their knowledge and skills through professional development. We are a vibrant incorporated Chapter managed by an enthusiastic Executive Committee.
As the largest member body of AAEE, in NSW we provide leadership and direction for all who design, deliver and/or evaluate Education for Sustainability/Environmental Education. Many different sectors are represented within our membership and Committee.
AAEE NSW operates within a detailed Strategic Plan. We report on our activities quarterly against the Plan; in detail and by infographic.
In addition to the services offered nationally by AAEE, the NSW Chapter (www.aaeensw.org.au) offers a range of services, programs, activities and events for environmental educators in NSW.
- We deliver the NSW biennial NSW Environmental Education Conference. The last Conference was held in Lane Cove on 27-29 September 2017.
- We offer networking and capacity building events, such as Green Ed Drinks.
- We keep our members up to date through regular publications including an e-magazine and e-newsletter.
- We run the NSW Environmental Educator of the Year Awards and the Gould League scholarship.
- We manage projects such as the Regional Sustainability Educator Networks Capacity Building Project.
- We develop State-wide policies, such as the Make the Change framework.
- We have a strong advocacy role, making a range of submissions relating to environmental education on behalf of our members.
- We represent environmental educators across the state in discussions and debates, and provide recommendations on sustainability issues and directions for a sustainable future.
- We manage the NSW Sustainable Schools program that aims to connect environmental educators with relevant resources, interactive lessons and a like-minded community to help spread the important message of sustainability to future generations.
Get in touch
We always welcome new members, because a professional body is only as strong as its member base. There are many reasons for joining AAEE and many ways you can help.
Contact person and details:
AAEE NSW Project Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
AAEE NSW President (Jem Hansen): email@example.com
Our website: www.aaeensw.org.au
Our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/AAEENSW