Join us for an exciting Learning Circle live webinar, Education with links to the Sea, this Tuesday 26 June.
We have a fantastic panel of presenters lined up, including:
- Craig Strang (Associate Director, Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California Berkeley, USA)
- Dr Géraldine Fauville (University of Gothenburg, Sweden and chair of NMEA international committee)
- Andrew Walsh (Primary Coordinator, Woodbridge School Marine Discovery Centre, Jetty Rd Woodbridge)
- Harry Breidahl (Nautilus Educational)
- Janine Baker (Marine Ecologist, Marine Educator)
- Kate Keary (Teacher, Brewongle Environmental Education Centre)
- Carl Charter (EMS - Experiencing Marine Sanctuaries Inc.)
The topic of discussion is marine education with a clear focus on Ocean Literacy.
Our presenters will cover:
- A short history of the development of Ocean Literacy in the USA.
- Ocean Literacy on the international scene.
- Why Ocean Literacy is important to Australian learners and links with Australian curriculum.
- Examples of Ocean Literacy in Australia.
- Links between Ocean Literacy and Seaweek (Seaweek 2018 = OL Principle 3).
- AUSMAP, the Australian microplastics assessment project.
- Experiencing Marine Sanctuaries and 360 VR immersive marine experiences.
- Where to next? How do we coordinate our efforts? What other resources do teachers want/need?
AAEE Learning Circles are open to anyone to join. Simply join the live webinar via this link on Tuesday 26 June from 4.00-5.30pm AEST.