YOUTH ADVISORY BOARD
The Australian Association for Environmental Education (AAEE) is delighted to announce the appointment of 17 AAEE Youth Advisory Board members.
The aim of an AAEE Youth Advisory Board is to:
- be intergenerational and engage young people as thinkers and doers in AAEE, thereby also increasing awareness of the AAEE;
- include young people as equals in AAEE, thereby also enabling them to communicate and promote the AAEE and its communication tools (website; biannual journal, biennial conference, quarterly newsletter and monthly bulletin;
- acknowledge that AAEE is intergenerational and thereby expand the exposure of the Association to youth interested in environmental and sustainability education;
- enable the Youth Advisory Board members to be mentored by AAEE and to learn from the Youth Advisory Board members
- more effectively integrate key sustainability concepts and practice into our mutually respective lives and by this increase understanding of and movement towards more sustainable living in the community
The AAEE aims to build and maintain strong communications and relationships with the Youth Advisory Board by providing ongoing communication, assistance, advice, leadership and award opportunities.
We welcome you to join us in our vision ‘to connect through education and engagement to advance understandings and actions in relation to environmental and sustainability issues’
We believe it is essential that we remember that a sustainable future cannot be created without considering and involving young people.
“ We all need to use our hearts, head, and hands to work in partnership with one another, to make sure that the systems we live by are owned by young and old alike and that they are feasible, not only for this generation but all generations to follow”. Ralphs, Amy (2002). Keynote presentation at the AAEE Bi-annual Conference, Brisbane, July 2002.