AAEE is Australia's peak professional body for Environmental Educators.
Our members work in government agencies, schools, businesses and community organisations.
As an organisation, we:
- Advocate for Environmental Education and promote best practice.
- Support and contribute to skills development among educators across Australia and internationally.
- Help our Association members to stay at the forefront of sustainability education and behaviour change.
- Provide a network for cross-sector environmental educators.
AAEE has three major roles:
- Promote the effective use of education to help people to live more sustainably.
- Support members via professional development.
- Build strong local networks that facilitate collaboration and skill sharing.
The AAEE 2016 Strategic direction ‘Connecting members’ was finalised in October 2016 and will guide the work of the current Executive team in connecting members, valuing member knowledge and expertise and sharing this across the membership. Meet our National Executive team and here is the list of the AAEE Presidents
Read AAEE History
Read the AAEE 2016 Strategic Direction
Read the National AAEE Constitution 2019